Dec 11, 2012

Instagram Catch up

Since it's been a while I haven't posted, here is a condensed version of what happened to me the past few weeks months. Like a preview on my life, a time-lapse of events, Alex-in-L.A. at a glance...

Comme beaucoup d'entre vous me le demande souvent, je vais pour vous alterner entre les deux langues, en espérant ne pas vous perdre en court de route!
Première histoire: celle de mon "money tree"! Même si je ne suis pas sur de ses effets bénéfiques sur mes finances, il apporte un peu de verdure et d'oxygène! Le petit grandi! Bref, comme beaucoup de photos sur Instagram, ça fait pas avancer le Schmilblick, mais c'est joli et je l'ai depuis près d'un an et demi! 


Juste parce que ici aussi, les gens ont voté et que pour faire venir la foule aux bureaux de vote on leur donne un petit sticker "I Voted", c'est mignon! A quand le "A voté" en France, nan?


The next photo has been taken from our apartment. We've been living since February in one of the Downtown's oldest building and have an amazing view on our neighbors' life. Creepiest than Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window! In the apartment across and down one level moved a dance teacher. Salsa, Rock, Hip-Hop, this guys knows them all! The best part of that... he dances without music! Too stupid for him, he prefers snapping his fingers, way more efficient. Hey, Dummies, if you get to be taught by me, you have to feels the vibes first out of the emptiness of my room... we'll see later if you can move you feet on some tunes..."
Anyway, I am not staying by the window with my camera spying on my neighbors, I just happen to have a look from time to time, or an hear... Oh man, some of them are the loudest lovers! 

Les chats sont marrant, depuis que j'en ai un à la maison je réalise à quel point! Dernière crise de rire/trouvaille, le piège à chat! Un simple et efficace carton vide fait l'affaire! Pas besoin d'herbe à chat ou autres ruses de sioux, un commande Amazon et le tour est joué! 


Jusque histoire de faire rêver même en hiver... la photo suivante a été prise fin Novembre, après un dernier bain de l'année, plutôt cool!



And couple days after, here comes the rain and cold nights... Winter is here in L.A. We are still far from the freezing temperatures and the snow...



The big change in my life recently is that I've been taking the metro and the bus to go to work at least 3 days a week. I don't know what the deal is with Los Angeles and traffic. Since Daylight Saving time is over, traffic has become crazy. My commute time jumped from 35 minutes to 50 minutes, no problem. What the F! Why??? You people are scared of the dark or what? Add on top of that the rain sometime! 
No need to tell you that it was driving me crazy, literally! I decided to give the metro a try. Since they've opened the Expo Line going from DTLA to Culver City, I can go through traffic and take it easy on my mood. I get to and from work stress free! If you happen to come to Los Angeles, depending where you are staying, how long you are planning on staying and what you would like to do in L.A., remember that the car is not always the best solution!



Pour ceux que je ne verrai pas avant la fin de l'année, passez de joyeuses fêtes!! (enfin seulement si nous passons "la fin du monde" sans soucis!


Follow me on Instagram (alexinla) or Statigram for those with no Smartphone (la honte!)

2 comments:

  1. Money tree : ça se fume ça ?
    Pour ce qui est du badge, plutôt bien. En voilà une bonne idée pour les frenchies, si tu as le badge t'as le droit de commenter si t'es pas content ! Cela inciterait quelques gueulards à aller voter !
    Alex, sacré voyeur ! Je suis sûr que tu as vu d'autres choses bizarres à d'autres étages !
    Dis nous, le métro de LA est-il plus tranquille que celui de Paname ?
    Allez, à la prochaine, après la fin du monde !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ça serait bien si ça se fumait, mais je crois qu'Ikea les vent aussi... à moins qu'ikea soit aussi une "Farmacy"avec un grand F oui!
    ouais, le métro de LA est bien plus relax et beaucoup moins chargé que celui de Paname! D'ou le tress en moins par rapport à la voiture!

    ReplyDelete